Tuesday, July 7, 2009

June- The Round Up

It seems that no matter how organized I think I am, June sneaks up on me with all of its end of the school year events, summer excitement, party planning (several of the kids have summer birthdays), and glory. This June was no exception, but admittedly, although the month rushed by quickly and our family didn't measure the month in days but by events it was pretty fun.

We started out with the kids' end of the year bash at their elementary school which really is quite the extravaganza! They have giant slides, loud music, cars you can paint, carnival booths, cake walks, snow cones, photo booths, whoosh! I'm tired even naming half of the action.
I took the kids over and Chris met us in the parking lot after work, so as a family we could galavant, socialize, (there are a ton of our friends whose kids attend the same school), eat hot dogs, and cringe whenever one of the kids tried to win a fish. Last year I was in charge of the coordination of all of the volunteers for these events, but this year I promised Chris that I wouldn't "volunteer" for anything. I have to say, it was quite enjoyable just playing at the booths and not manning them. Should I even admit that? I hope the PTO president isn't reading this...



The kids did have gloves on while searching for a toy through the haystack, but they decided that in order to get the best toy they needed full dexterity...

This kid and his snow cone fettish. He would live off of them if I gave him the option.
At the pony petting station, Ainsley thought that the miniature ponies were solely for her enjoyment as she squealed when her turn was over.

No comments: