Ainsley's Mundanity
Sometimes I have to take pictures of the 'mundane' things in our lives. But these are the kind of things that don't always deserve their own tag line, but I most definitely don't want to forget them.
Like, when Ainsley bellied up to the bar for the first time, not because she knew what was up there, but because her brothers and sister were doing something up there that she didn't want to be excluded from.

We've since put our high chair in storage because once she tasted the sweet life of the counter she felt it a personal mockery to sit in such an elementary chair.Or the time when there was an unassuming package of grapes casually left out on the counter and next thing I knew there was a little chubby hand making its way, quietly into its reserves. At least she's polite with her little pinkie finger up.

Or the way she picks up a banana and says "Hiya" into one end and then continues in deep, profound conversation with, for all I know, some cute pineapple on the other end. Maybe she'll invent a really cool banana phone someday and then she'll have the last laugh. I think that in this picture she looks a lot like her cousin Sydney.
Or the way she found the tent poles laying on the ground (dad was pitching up the tent inside the living room) and she kept yelling for my attention because she thought her 'balancing act' was the most amazing feat ever seen by human eyes and rightfully deserved applause.
Or the way that whenever the front door opens, she immediately bolts out past me and veers to the right on course to the same Lantana bush that surprisingly has a few flowers left on it. She picks them every time that she can, then proudly displays her handful of squashed, withered and pungent petals to me as a thoughtful gesture.
Or the way that when Chris comes home, she runs to the door and yells "Daddeeeee" until he either picks her up and swings her around or plays peek a boo around the kitchen counter with her. She simply lights up and flashes this smile that I hope to never forget.
I think that I take these things for granted, but I don't want to. I love every thing that all my kids do, all the events, all the funny quips and especially the mundanity.
1 comment:
Sounds like a very fun little girl to have around!
Post a Comment