So she began with a large mixing bowl, a whisk, and my shelf filled with my baking supplies. I saw eggs, flour, milk, sugar, and even a splash of vanilla enter the large bowl. Before I knew it, with a whisk and a pensive expression on her face, she tested the consistency by watching the batter drip into her bowl and then said "I think it's ready. Mom, can you warm the pan?"
Yes, she had created her very own recipe for crepes. We cooked them up as per her request and I have to say, they turned out pretty good! I was sweetly surprised as we sat up to the counter and ate a very delicious batch of crepes prepared by my seven year old!
The next night we had our fantastic babysitter come over to watch the kids while we went on our date. Aubrey offered to make dinner for the other kids, which I politely declined, but apparently at some point in the evening she convinced our babysitter to let her make her new found specialty.
When we came home we found a dirtied crepe pan soaking in the sink and a hand written recipe that Aubrey had furnished for our babysitter, who loved the final dish as well. I had to take a picture before the babysitter took it home because I found it so endearing!
A warning: albeit her recipe is now reaching cyberspace through this blog, I am not responsible for the outcome of anybody who attempts said recipe. The one I use, (okay, the one I know by heart and by feel, and can be found somewhere in the recesses of my kitchen cabinets because it's been years since I have even seen it) isn't the same as hers....if you want the original recipe, just let me know...
2 comments:
She is such a little chef! By the way, did I tell you that I think she looks more and more like you each day? Its crazy! Last time I saw her I thought she was going to kick me out of our bedroom! (Do you remember when you did that and then laughed after a little while telling me that you were joking the whole time?) I REMEMBER!
That is awesome!!! Send her to my house, I love crepes.
Post a Comment