Chris and I grew up camping with our families and used to dream about the days we would all go together. Believe it or not, this was officially our first camp out with the entire family and we've learned a few things....
1. None of us like marshmallows, so our S'mores were essentially chocolate sandwiches.
2. Cots are the best way to sleep in a tent, especially when you have a three year old who doesn't find the ground sufficient and takes yours.
3. Pitching the tent in the family room at home (which we did in preparation for the trip) is a whole lot more fun and easier than pitching it outdoors.
4. And no matter what, I need to pack fifteen outfits per day per child as something wet, filthy, or sharp will destroy the planned outfit. I ran out of clothing the very first day for Maverick...
We all had such fun with all the ward and of course loved breakfast the next morning. I didn't have to pack or plan for it as the ward provided it. I'm telling you, the next time we go camping, that "Shake and Pour" pancake mix that I used to mock in the stores is a MUST have. It made the breakfast so easy, and the clean up even easier...
Will we do it again? Absolutely. And maybe someday we'll even go to the 'real outdoors' where there's no running pottys...when the kids are older, that is.
No comments:
Post a Comment