
As you can see, Maverick and Dad were in charge of the turkey (as when I'm pregnant I can't stand the thought of touching the dead bird) and Maverick was less than impressed with the process. I have to admit, leaving a poultry product in an iced solution (the brine) overnight in our garage didn't allow me much sleep that night before Thanksgiving Day as I had visions of everyone vomiting because of my cooking. It would've been memorable but certainly not what I wanted. Alton Brown's recipe did us proud though as it left our turkey with great flavor (even though I might have overcooked it a smidge.) We'd definitely try it again, if we were the traditional type that stayed with a recipe for more than one year in a row. Next time I'd watch the oven a little closer though.
Over the Thanksgiving break, we also took the kids over to one of our local parks where we let them get some wiggles out (after the husbands came home from their Turkey bowl that is) and tried to snap a picture of all of the cousins together. While near the jungle gym at the park, a little boy named Carlos heard me mention "time for pictures" and quickly came over and assumed he was invited. We all thought it was pretty funny so he's standing in proxy for Ainsley, thank you Carlos.
No comments:
Post a Comment