Sunday, January 31, 2010

Going Back in Time- Carving Pumpkins

So alas, I'm finally getting caught up with November's posts. Can anybody see my nesting manifesting itself? I thought while I sat here on this delightful Sunday morning I would attack some of my photos and try to get myself caught up on journaling before this new baby boy arrives. I think this is my third post in a row...but it's a little too quiet in the house while I get this done....where are the kids? Hmmm, I should be concerned and go see what they're up to considering its in the stealthy moments that the most damage happens. But then again, Chris is home this morning, maybe he knows what they're up to .... I don't hear any cries of pain or frustration so we'll continue on...


November. Pumpkin Carving. I usually take it upon myself to create some elaborate pumpkin masterpiece integrating such things as hinges or 3 dimensional hardware. I've been known to take time to research and prepare some really amazing piece of gourd artwork that lasts 2 days before it rots and concaves and even think to enter it into contests. But not this year. Too tired. I'm at the beginning of the pregnancy still and can barely stay awake at night let alone invest any time into this trade. So I carved only one simple pumpkin and let Chris help the kids with theirs.

These pictures bring back a lot of the memories from that night. Chris pulling out the power tools, Aubrey and Walker joyfully sticking their hands into the pumpkin guts and Ainsley bawling because she's not allowed to use the power tools or eat the guts. Notice Maverick wouldn't even touch the guts, "that's gwoss!"

1 comment:

Kristin Chesnik said...

I love Ainsley's crying picture in the nude. Reminds me of things that go on in my house...:)