Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bode's Baby Shower


Saturday, April 24th, 11:00.
What can I say? I have amazing friends! To all of you who could come to Bode's Shower, what an absolute blast! To those of you who could not come, you missed a grand party, so we'll see you at the next one, (girl's night out that is, I'm not planning a 6th child right now!)
And to those of you who threw the party, Miss Alysa Whitlock and Miss Shari Thatcher, I cannot thank you enough! I was fairly belligerent as I didn't think I needed a shower, after all this is my fifth little baby but they persisted and convinced me that a shower would be fun. Boy were they right! They have been asking me about it since way before Bode was even born and then Alysa came up with the idea "Why don't we throw you a frozen meal shower?" Meals I don't have to prepare....done. And then Shari added "Why don't we have it at the Cheesecake Factory?" Dessert that is totally calorie free amongst friends....done! My oh my, what a good time it was! From the decor (Alysa made pictures of Bode into flowers displayed in her cute milk glass vases down the table) to the favors (Shari distributed Reeses Peanut Butter Cups on each plate and Alysa made the cutest edible pacifiers out of cookies and candy, both pictured below) it was quite the event! The cheesecake couldn't even compete with how sweet you all are!
Bode and I felt totally loved and appreciated and what better way to celebrate a new life than enjoying life with your friends!
Thank you, thank you, thank you, everyone!

2 comments:

Kristin Chesnik said...

What an AWESOME party! Congratulations on a new baby boy!

jayna said...

looks like an amazing party!! miss you roxy!!
j