Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pictures I don't want to forget...

I know, I know, nice picture of a picture Roxanne. But I love this picture for three reasons. One, it shows his cute little freckle on his left side of his mouth. Two, because it shows his long eyelashes which were not donated by my gene pool. And three, because it shows up and close Maverick's chipped front tooth, which he's had since I don't know when. Just magically one day I noticed it (let's put it this way, I can't remember him NOT having it) and when we asked Maverick what happened, he didn't know. So yes, magically, he chipped his tooth long before I can remember it. Good mothering.
This is the view from my car while picking up Aubrey and Walker from school. I didn't want to grow older and not remember what some of these mundane moments looked like. I figure since this is my online journal, maybe the kids will look back at pictures like these and also have memories of waiting outside for our minivan.
What you can't hear is Ainsley snoring behind me because the 7 minute car ride to the school knocked her out as she had refused her nap at home previous to pick-up time. You also can't see Maverick sticking his whole body out of the passenger window, which he has rolled down while I tell him to go get back into his seatbelt. And Bode is just fast asleep.

And this image is one that I don't ever think I'll forget, but don't want to take the chance either. Bode (and all of my babies for that matter) with their little heads resting on Chris' shoulder.
One of my favorite moments of mommydom is when they can hold their heads up and you all of a sudden notice two little eyes staring at you from the side, slowly wobbling as their heads are too heavy. Love it.

1 comment:

Kristin Chesnik said...

I like the idea of taking a picture of dropping the kids off/picking them up at school--good memories.