I remember one time there was an episode of Seinfeld written backwards... Here is my true rendition that happened in the car on the way home from school.
3:02 pm: "The PTO meeting has been changed! You can go to the Mother/Daughter Activity with me now!" says a proud Aubrey delivering the news of the century.
3:00 pm: "Mom, I've got great news!" says an excited Aubrey ripping through her backpack
2:58 pm: Aubrey begins to tear through her backpack looking for a sheet of paper.
Earlier this morning...
9:30- 12:00: (What I'm doing at home.) Calling Dayna Mattsson to tell her that we're both double booked (She's the PTO Treasurer and has a daughter going to this activity as well.) Phone call after phone call. Designing a flyer. Reorganizing everyone's schedules, trying to avoid the conflict on this upcoming Thursday night. Then calling everyone again to confirm the new changed time of the PTO meeting.
The day before...
12:05 pm: "Oh No! What am I going to do? I've got the major PTO meeting at the same time as the Mother/Daughter Activity! I didn't know they were on the same day and the same time! I can't NOT go to the Mother/Daughter activity, and I can't miss the PTO meeting considering I'm the secretary and it's our last meeting before our major "Round Up" event."
12:00 yesterday afternoon: "Let's coordinate our schedules" I say to my husband calmly.
I laughed when Aubrey showed me the new flyer announcing that the PTO meeting had been changed and I would have no more conflict between that and the Mother/Daughter activity. What she didn't know was that I had changed it.
2 comments:
I'm just so glad that you are on your toes, as I am not. Thanks for having my back girl :)
You are a sly one. Here she thought it was a miracle. Sometimes you have to be your own miracle.
Post a Comment