Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Quotes I don't want to forget...

After Bode came home and Walker realized that he slept all day, Walker disappointingly asked:
"Oh man, why did we get a nocturnal one?"

Aubrey, upon learning that her great-grandma Clark (whom we've just called "Great" for short) is actually named Patricia: "Hmm, Patricia? I always thought she looked more like a Susie."

In preparation for Bode's arrival we prepped Maverick on how he needed to be a good big brother and was in charge of teaching Bode certain things. Maverick has now taken it upon himself to skip the small stuff and teach only the important things to his little baby brother.
While laying down next to Bode while Bode stared at him, Maverick said:
"Now Bode, Gravity sticks us to the earth, and sometimes our belly will just get hungry and thirsty." And then Maverick stood up and walked away with a look of approval on his face.

Maverick (4 years old now) has always been a thinker. Some of his latest questions and thoughts:
1. (To our friend Dayna,) "Define energy."
2. "Grandma, why can't they make up-slides?" (indicating that he wanted to go up a slide and not always go down a slide.)
3. While hands are held out in a shrug,"But HOW do the babies come out? I sure hope they don't cut your belly open."
4. In a competitive way, "Oh yeah! I love you to outer space."
5. "Where does lava come from?"
6. "I don't want my blood to fall out."
7. "But HOW does gravity work?"
8. "But HOW does electricity work?"
9. "When I grow up, will I have to work like Daddy?"
10.Trying to jump a class or 4..."I don't want to go to Primary (Sunbeams), I think I'd do better in Walker's class."

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I got to get to know this kid. Love it!!! Can you say Super Smart???

TnD said...

That little squirt. What great things to remember.

Karley said...

Maverick will be the one to find the cure for cancer!

The Risenmays said...

Maverick cracks me up! What a good idea writing down the funny things your kids say. I'll have to remember that when Brady starts talking.