I'm thinking "being active" has to be a genetic trait passed on by, of course, my husband, :) , as my mother describes my childhood personality as calm and placid. Chris' mom however tells funny memories of the times when Chris poured a tub of honey all over himself and the carpet or how she would clean up his mess only to find that he's created another mess somewhere else in the house, over and over again. I am not exaggerating when I say that every single pediatrician, doctor, nurse, cardiologist, and ultrasound technician that has ever examined my children (in utero and out), have commented on just how active they are. I then calmly added to my pediatrician: "I'm 5 for 5 for active children."
Bode's 2 months old and while he was standing on my lap (he usually asks to be held in a standing position, very similar to how Walker was as a baby) getting his ears checked, the doctor asked for how long he'd been using a jumper (as he had unusually strong legs). I explained that I haven't put him in one yet because I wanted to make sure his little neck was strong enough before training him for any leap frog or pole vault championships.
His stats:
Height: 63 cm long (24.8 inches long, yep, he's over 2 foot tall now) 94% percentile
Weight: 13 lbs. 3 oz. 76% percentile
The doctor explained that he was a "long and lean" child and that he was going to be tall. I then asked her if she had ever met my husband. She told me she hadn't and I explained that Bode must be drawing from some extended family genetics (as I'm not exactly playing for the WNBA either.)
I got him to chuckle 3 days ago for the first time consciously (he chuckled in his sleep 2 weeks ago). And he smiles a lot now. He even takes time out of his nursing to look up at me and give me a smile of satisfaction sometimes. I love that. He coos, he goo-goo, ga-gas and only wakes up once a night (around 4 in the morning.) He enjoys tummy time for 5 minute increments and thinks baths are the greatest. He's such a good boy and the nurses just adore him whenever we go in. They all remind me how much they love his name and that he definitely looks more like a Bode than a Tag. (Please note: I still love the name Tag and might use it in the future...)
I can't believe it's already been 2 months since he was born, could've sworn he was always a part of the family.
3 comments:
Roxanne he is such a beautiful baby! Love that smile! I think he looks like Aubry in the middle picture.
Whata cutie!!! Way to be an active, long and lean giant!
He is so handsome! What a cutie!
Post a Comment