Sunday, July 26, 2009

Vacaville Trip Post # 2


Photo 1: There is never a lack of things to do when we go to visit our family. On this visit we were able to come around the cousins' birthdays. A few days before the big party, their Mom and Dad brought home their gift...a brand new baby bunny. Sarafina is his, ahem, her name (it's a boy bunny, but the girls didn't have to know that) and all of the kids couldn't get enough of him, ahem, her. There was one evening while we were there, when the bunny was left out of her cage to roam and it disappeared. We searched for a very long time that night but didn't find her....Luckily she was located the morning after in the neighbor's yard behind their home. Thankfully before my sister and brother-in-law had to think up a gentle response to the imminent question "Where's Sarafina?"
I was outside in Grandma's backyard, to be honest holding out hope that Sarafina had somehow sought refuge in their backyard when I heard (as silly as this sounds) some rustling. So I grabbed a ladder, propped it up to the back fence and lo and behold there was Sarafina attempting her great escape through the neighbor's yard. After knocking on the neighbor's door early in the morning and doing my own rustling through bushes, Randa and I retrieved this little bunny. I mean, I don't blame her, she was being manhandled by all of the kids, but still, that was going to be one sad family of kids if she wasn't found...

Photo 2: While we were at Grandma and Grandpa's house, Walker approached me and told me that he really wanted to show me his new drawing....I couldn't believe it. I understand that I'm a bias mother, but c'mon, that is one great drawing of "Us leaving the desert" by my little Kindergartener. And to think...he's the one who tells me that he doesn't really like to draw...my favorite part, the palm tree trunk, so creative.
Photo 3: I included this picture just because I thought it was a cute little action shot. Maverick loves Auntie's swingset and this swing in particular because he doesn't have to worry about pumping his own legs. Just him being lazy. And I didn't have to stand there for countless minutes pushing him. Just me being lazy. He was so proud of swinging "soooo high!"
Photo 4: And yes folks, this is Ainsley's closest encounter with Sarafina.. We didn't trust her to get any closer. (Notice Grandma's hand gently restraining that innocent? little pointer finger.) Sarafina had already tried to run away, we didn't want a 'bunny attack' to urge another escape attempt.

1 comment:

Keechler said...

Walker has your artistic talent. That is a great picture.