Sunday, December 21, 2008

Raining in the Desert


Every now and again a pleasant rain shower, ahem sprinkle, occurs here in the desert. I love these days and could spend all day outside dancing in the puddles...obviously that feeling is genetic, as my boys feel the same way. And please no posts on the fact that Mavy is sporting authentic rain dancing attire, minus a headdress. Maverick is almost always stripped down to his little pamper whenever we're at home, literally as soon as we walk through the door he asks to take his clothes off, or proceeds to take them off himself. So these pictures will at some point take me out of the running for Mom of the year....
As far as the rain goes, I feel so energized when I hear the pitter patter, splish splash against my windows. I got so much done that day! And there's nothing better in the world than the smell of fresh rain on the ground...except for the smell of permanent markers, gasoline, carpet cleaner, and lemon Pine-sol, which I also think is genetic. Everytime I draw with those markers, fill up the tank, spot clean the carpet, or even mop, the kids literally huddle around, noses close to said aromatic object just to take in the smell....yet another deterrence to Mom of the year award...

2 comments:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I love the smell of rain, and gasoline too. Who doesn't want to play in the rain in their underwear, really?

Audry said...

I remember when I was a kid and it rained so much that our whole street was filled with water up to the sidewalk. It was pretty cool.