So after the party, the time drew near for Santa to approach our rooftop. Throughout the night with friends and dinner, the kids had been doing some surveillance on Santa, tracking his whereabouts on a Santa-Tracking website, complete with footage and location schedule. Aubrey would come running in and yell his then-current location with great anticipation chiming from her voice. "He's in Africa!" "He's in North America." "He's in West Virginia, now,..."
As soon as he hit Ohio, I beckoned for the kids to put on their pajamas and hop into bed. Let's just say, that it didn't take much coaxing for them to obey that command.
We all got ready for bed, prepared the cookies for Santa with some milk, opened the fireplace doors and practically fell into bed...well the kids anyway.
Chris and I spent a little more time awake, preparing breakfast casserole for the next morning, making banana slush, and putting together a giant trampoline to surprise the kids with the next morning, just tempting Santa to walk in on us while we were finishing our final details.
We finally retired to bed to wake up in 10 minutes to our 2 year old throwing up in the room down the hall...after we changed the bedding, washed him off and comforted him, we retired to bed yet again....for another 30 minutes, when poor Maverick woke up again in the same predicament. Needless to say, we didn't really get any sleep that night and I had a lot of laundry to do the next day, but Santa still found a window of time to sneak down our chimney and deliver some fun presents. Despite the lack of sleep, and a very sick boy, it was a good night!
Chris and I couldn't wait to see the look on the kids faces when they saw what mom and dad got them and to find out what Santa would bring for everyone!
5 comments:
Oh! My family just overcame the stomach flu as well. I am so glad that you were still able to have some fun on Christmas!
That same thing happened to us back when we had just the four boys. Just minutes after we took our cozy family Christmas Eve picture in the boys pretty new Christmas PJs, one of them threw up all over the place. Within an hour, his brother threw up, and an hour after that another brother threw up. All three were throwing up all night long. It was so fun. I don't remember if Santa made it or not. Frankly, by morning, I didn't care.
Hope your Christmas was merry anyway.
We were all over the Santa-tracking map as well. It is too cute. I am so sorry that Mavy was sick. Danielle did that one year and Dean did that another year. No fun. I hope Mavy is feeling better. Dayna
We got the vomit the day after christmas....Yeah! Never new you could track Santa....I'll have to do that next year.
We had the same predicament with Taylor on Christmas Eve... luckily it stopped with her and didn't continue on to the rest of us. I'm glad you were able to still have a good Christmas.
Your family is too cute...I can't get over Ainsley's eyes.. they just follow me everytime I pass your Christmas card, which by the way we loved.
We miss you guys.
Post a Comment