Sunday, July 13, 2008

Walker's 5th Birthday

Well, what a birthday! I have learned over the last 5 years that Walker is a boy with simple needs. All he wanted for his birthday was to go bowling and to eat ice cream for breakfast. And of course the occasional gift. As you can see we all had a great time and loved the day! He especially loved it as he didn't have to do any chores, he didn't have to clean his room, and I offered to make him anything he wanted to eat. Ice cream for breakfast was quite hard to swallow (and all I did was watch them while they ate it!) But since Walker doesn't like cake, he opted for ice cream and at 7:00 in the morning. Thank you to all who called and sent him gifts, he truly enjoyed his special day. Now when he sees a commercial for a really cool toy, he doesn't say, "Mom, can you put that on my birthday list?" He now says, "Mom, can you put that on my Christmas list!"

6 comments:

Elaine said...

Hew Walker, What a fun birthday. I wish I could have Ice cream for breakfast on my birthday, what am I saying, I can have ice cream whenever i want to, it just looks like more fun when you are eating it. I hope you smoked everyone at bowling! I love you!!!!!

HAdams said...

Happy Birthday, Walker! You are such a big handsome boy!! It looks like you had such a fun time. We had a handful of company this weekend so are happy b-day phone call will have to be a little belated. We love you!

The Risenmay Family said...

Happy Belated Birthday Walker. Jake is so happy that you are 5 jus like him and can not wait to cause cousin trouble with you at the reunion. We love you BIG BOY!

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Walker is such a handsome boy. Good looking kids Risenmays! What a fun birthday. Let us know if you want to go bowling again. Our family would love it. Happy Birthday!

Ashley said...

Your kids are so cute! And they are so darn grown up I can't beilieve it.

Lindsay said...

I cannot believe Walker is FIVE!?!?! I only wish we had been hooked up blogging way back when...then it'd wouldn't have come as such a surprise. But that's what I get for taking so long to jump on the band wagon. So glad we've 'hooked up'! Love, Lindsay