Chris and I have determined to become more 'fun.' When our friends decided to plan a vacation for fellow couples to Lake Powell on a houseboat, it wasn't too difficult for us to join. Now, I will say, just to be honest, that at first I didn't want to spend the money for a trip on a houseboat. Boy did I need an attitude adjustment, and I got one. Houseboats are a blast!
We all met the night before we needed to pick up and sign off for the houseboat at Page Arizona, (it was an 8 hour car ride for us). I completely enjoyed the conversation in the car on the way there, Chris and I actually got to talk about things other than work and callings. Chris' connection to work, his Blackberry or "Crackberry" as I like to call it because I think he's addicted to it, wasn't going to receive reception at our destination so I was looking forward to him not checking it every five minutes. He was truly going to take a break from work, a feat that the both of us, especially him needed.
We all met for dinner together that night and then went our separate ways preparing to meet again at 5;30 the next morning to fill up the tanks (jet skis and boat) with gas. After an early arrival at the marina we checked in and unloaded to the houseboat with very little problem or hassle. And the boat was great! I couldn't believe how roomy everything was, it was not what I was expecting and I was pleasantly surprised! My favorite part: the slide off the back of the boat.
We sailed for 2 hours until we arrived at a perfect spot in Face Canyon, a plot with a great beach area, inlet, and places to hike. While Tim Hall drove the boat, we all sat around a talked on the top of the houseboat anticipating all of the fun that was waiting for us.
Chris and I immediately jumped onto a jet ski and went exploring around our area, other couples went hiking, read books, took the boat out or just went swimming. I loved being able to do whatever it was that I wanted. I think I've forgotten my independence having 4 kids so close together! I didn't have to cook, (if I didn't want to), I could read a book whenever I wanted to and I didn't have to worry about who went overboard or who was fighting who. We're fortunate to have gone with really cool couples where we all get along so well. The other couples were: Tim and Kellie Hall, Matt and Rebekah Callahan, Ryan and Charity Judkins, Mark and Shari Thatcher and Shad and Lizzie Lamm.
......More on this when I have time.......
1 comment:
Roxanne, we just made our houseboat debut as well - so fun! But it was a "trip" not a vacation. I worried constantly about kids going overboard. It looks like you had a great time, I'm glad you got to get away!
Post a Comment