Saturday, November 14, 2009

Walker's birthday

Walker's birthday.

(What I love about this picture: Even though you see Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavored ice cream pictured here, which was the other kids' choice, Walker's favorite ice cream and most choice dessert is Vanilla ice cream with nothing on it. I mean, c'mon, how many kids love a plain ice cream with nothing with it? He doesn't like add-ins, syrups, sprinkles, or even candy defiling the apparent goodness of plain vanilla. Just another reason why we love Walker, he's his own person.)

The kids eating Walker's choice of breakfast, crepes.

Hmmm, thankfully he never realized that his time to shine hasn't been spotlighted yet on the ole' blog. But in his defense he did have a great birthday party and I loved his choice of celebration. Our tradition: Every other year the kids can choose between a birthday party with their friends or a family outing, (the other years it's an automatic family jaunt to somewhere fun.) This year Walker chose the family outing over the friends party. So we traveled over to his choice of destination, the Children's Museum of the Desert, to frolic and have squeaky clean family fun. We don't go there very often so the kids consider it quite the treat and we did have a lot of fun exploring, making fake pizza, dressing up, painting a car, and performing science experiments.



And of course, there were presents too. I think the following picture explains it all...Walker also really likes presents and cold hard cash.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Walker!!