Saturday, August 22, 2009

2 Pairs, Workin' on a Full House

I've decided that good things come in fives.
Fingers, toes, olympic rings, even cards in a poker hand. The number Five has never hurt anyone. In fact, I see it as a pretty innocent little digit; it minds its own business, gives us easy multiplication tables, and has a great President on it's self-titled bill.
But something seems to be missing from my "Good things that come in 5's" list. Hmm, let me see, what else...I talked about toes, cards, and OH! I know, how about Risenmay children? Sounds good to me.
That's right, I'm pregnant...again. In fact, the first trimester is just about over. Those of you who've seen me have probably already noticed that I'm at that point where I'm looking either awkwardly overweight or pregnant. Well, you heard it here first, I'm awkwardly pregnant.
But 5 is a really good number right? I mean in a few years we could totally make our own basketball team, (I'm guessing by that time Ainsley will be tall enough to be our center.) And if children were like a Poker hand, no matter what gender we'll have next we'd totally be set up with a Full House (please note the double entendre.)
Truth be told, it was pretty shocking when I got the news. Chris was even more shocked. I actually sat on the information for a little while and then finally took him to a restaurant where I handed him a card with the news (entry written below.) I couldn't even tell him myself, I don't know, I guess I was afraid that I'd break out into embarrassing public tears, not sadness tears, just "what in the world just happened" tears. Chris opened the card, put his hand to his head and just laughed.
But with that said, we've known for quite some time that someone was missing and we recently came to grips with the fact that whoever it is, wanted to come right away. I thought they'd be patient with us, stay in heaven for a little longer enjoying the peace and quiet, two words that do not describe our home currently, but no, the potential for a starting lineup apparently won out. So yes, despite the tone of this post, we ARE happy and excited albeit shocked and awed at the same time. I can't wait to meet the little personality who chose us as part of their family and had the gall to arrive after Maverick and Ainsley!

Background information:
I say this to at least one of my kids once a day....
"How much do I love you?
Let me count the ways.
One, two, three, four
Oh, this could go on for days!"

In the card I wrote that I would have to change the lyrics to "One, two, three, four, five"
He immediately understood.

18 comments:

Jana said...

CONGRATS!! I'm from a family of 5 and I'm semi-normal so you have hope! You're a great Mom, this lucky little tike just missed you and Chris too much to wait any longer. I can't blame em' you're foxy roxy! Love you!

Candice said...

Congratulations! Grandma told me your good news last night when I called to tell her that I'm expecting our 2nd.

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I know that I for one can't wait to see another Risenmay in Sacrament meeting!!! Seriously though, I am very, very happy for you.

D3AB said...

I knew it! Congrats! You guys are such a great family, this baby is lucky.

TnD said...

Wonderful. What a blessing. A baby could not come to a better home.

Jenie said...

Bailey, my blogstalker, just let me know that you were sharing this wonderful news!! Congratulations! I kind of wondered...after all of the OB/GYN talk that was going on. I thought something might be up but what a lucky little person to come into such a loving home! Hope you're feeling well and we'll all be looking forward to another little Risenmay! See you tomorrow!

Josh and Kristin Chesnik said...

YEAH! That's just wonderful! I hope that you are feeling well! You are an amazing mother and I am glad you are working on your "full house"!

Carissa said...

Congratulations! New babies are always a blessing, even if they are a surprise. You and Chris are such wonderful parents I'm sure there are lots of little spirits fighting for a chance to join your family. I hope you have a nice uneventful pregnancy and easy delivery.

Amanda said...

Yay!!! That is so exciting!

MnS said...

Wowsies!! I am sooooo excited for you. I for one was surprised with the news, but that may be because I haven't seen you in months. Congrats girl!

Karley said...

So, I am just wondering who will get the last popsicle in the box of 6? This was always the fight in my family until my last brother came along and evened things out. This must mean that you need one more after this!!!? Congrats Roxanne-that is awesome.

Kym said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. You're such a fantastic mom. Of coarse, your little didn't want to stay in heaven any longer. They want to be here with YOU!!

Audry said...

Congrats!!! I guessed it when I read the name of your post.

Carrie said...

Congratulations! You are an awesome mom...#5 is "LUCK-YYY" I hope you have a wonderful preganacy!

Lizzie said...

Shad told me last night. Congratulations!!!!!!! We'll have babies around the same time.

Mark and Stefani McCune said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! I've been thinking about you and your family a lot with school starting. It was fun carpooling with you last year. We'll miss that this year. You're an amazing mom! We're so happy for you.

Keechler said...

How exciting. Congrats! You don't even realize you have one more once you've had 4.Okay that's a lie, but that's deffinately going to be one smart child. They chose their family wisely!

Kim said...

Congratulations, that is so wonderful! I guess that is what you get for being such amazing parents...Heavenly Father, keeps blessing you with more. I hope everything goes well with the pregnancy.