Last week's FHE. We've been starting the discussion (again) on emergency preparedness. So for this past Monday evening we discussed natural disasters and the accompanying "what to dos" for several situations. For the activity we made some "hazardous material" or "ooze" as the kids called it and got our hands dirty (of course fully explaining that this is what not to do if there were ever a puddle of sticky blue hazardous material spilled anywhere near us.) 2 Weeks ago: We surprised the kids and took them to go see "Monsters Vs. Aliens 3D." I picked the kids up from school and we met Chris over at the movie theater. They were totally surprised! On the way to the movie, I gave the lesson on the War in Heaven and then we talked about how it's now Good Vs. Evil here in mortality. The kids actually seemed to understand quite a bit. Not so much the correlation between the lesson and the movie, (but that was a stretch to begin with.) We were the only ones in the entire theater! I let the two little ones run around a bit and Aubrey and Walker got to choose any seat that they wanted. They chose not to sit next to their parents but in seats a few rows behind us. Chris and I just made sure everyone was safe and that they kept their 3D glasses on. It was so much fun surprising the kids like this. And this is the way to watch a movie! I'm not a big movie goer because I always seem to sit next to people who talk after every scene or crinkle their bags of candy to grab some foreign smelling object on which they suck loudly for minutes at length.Can you tell it's not really my favorite pasttime? But I could watch any movie in that environment again. Completely relaxing.
3 comments:
I know from personal experience how fast that marker gets on the door. Tatum did it to me several months ago and I swear it wasn't even 5 min. :)
I want your recipe for the blue goo. I love your FHE ideas my kids will thank you some day.
I think those fun little surprises along the way are what they will remember. So fun!
Post a Comment