Sunday, August 10, 2008

Walker's Walkabout and Wisdom

On the way to the Gilbert Reunion we had to travel a long dusty trail to a Dude Ranch. A few chipmunks would casually run across the dusty path in front of our vehicle and hide in the sagebrush along side of the road. Being that we only saw a few and that Chris and I had described that there were many more that lived in this area, Aubrey asked:
"Where are all of the chipmunks?"
To which Walker replied...
"Maybe they just want their privacy."


Yesterday all of us were sick with a minor cold. I thought that Aubrey would enjoy a little bit of Coca Cola to help settle her stomach so I gave her some. She was intrigued with the fact that Chris and I thought that it tasted like medicine, so she was sold on it right away.
Tonight around the dinner table, Aubrey asked if she could have another Coke. Deciding that it probably wasn't a good idea to give caffeine to our 6 year old a few hours before bedtime we told her "No, because it had caffeine, and yesterday she was sick." She turned to Walker excitedly and said "Yay! Walker, mom and dad gave us caffeine yesterday!"
To which Walker replied....
"So where is it?"

5 comments:

The Headrick Family said...

Just found your blog...can't believe your kids are getting so big and I didn't realize you had 4! Maybe Randa did tell me but they are all so cute. Hope you guys are doing well!
Kari

Audry said...

I didn't realize chipmunks needed privacy. Maybe Walker knows something I don't. He cracks me up!

Ashley said...

Hehe thats too funny. I loved the beach pictures looks like fun!

The Risenmays said...

I am so sorry that we got all of you sick. Hopefully it won't linger too long. Your kids are so funny and it was so fun to see all of you last week. We miss you already!

koko bean..... said...

That is so funny. Kids sure come up with all sorts of things. The whole caffeine thing is soooo funny.