Chris and I realized that we hadn't visited the beach since we had moved to the desert almost 7 years ago. So we packed the car, the kids, called Aunt Rolene and Uncle David and planned our first beach trip in Southern California. I don't know what has taken us so long, we both love the sun, the sand, and of course the feeling of ourselves in swimsuits (yeah right) but alas we finally made our maiden voyage.
Aubrey loved everything except for the seaweed carefully gripping her legs when the waves splashed on her, a necessary evil when experiencing the water we explained.
Walker loved running up and down the beach (with surprising ease, might I add) to wash off any speck of sand that would prohibit proper sandwich eating.
Maverick loved everything but the sand, which makes for an interesting trip to the beach. But he somehow found it a necessary ingredient in his 'sandwiches' and didn't seem to mind it so much then.
Ainsley just loved being held and taking a nap in her mother's arms.
We had fun with David and Rolene, which sorry Rolene, it's still odd for me to see you pregnant, as if being 25, married, and a college graduate makes you an adult or something...I still think of you as 'Buoy' twisting your hair chewing on an over-sized wad of gum. But nonetheless, you look cute pregnant. I can't wait to meet my new nephew come December.
The kids had a blast and we had fun. The trip made us wonder why we hadn't done it sooner!
1 comment:
We want you to come back soon!! We missed you at Priest Lake, hopefully next year! How was Aubby's bday?
Post a Comment