Sunday, June 22, 2008

Oh, What a feeling....

In about 9 days and 18 hours, Chris and I will embark on our first ever vacation together since our Honeymoon. I guess we've been too busy to notice or too busy to plan one, either way, it's about 8 years overdue. With that said, I've been pretty preoccupied over the last week knowing that I've got family coming to watch the kids at the homestead (trying to keep them on their own turf) so I should probably have an organized, or at least clean house. So on my last Saturday before the trip I took a gander down the aisles of our local Tar-jay, sin kids fortunately, and found a few accessories. Here are the recent changes to the front room. (I show these because there are a lot of you that haven't seen any of our homes since we moved down here to the desert.) My husband tells me that he should never leave me alone in my house with an open paint can. I think he's got a point, but I do like it.

I've also been motivated to do some of these 'around the house' projects because Brad and Elaine, Chris' parents are paying us a visit this next weekend. We're really excited because they're lots of fun and aren't intimidated by the 115 degree weather we've been enjoying to come and visit (hint, hint, slackers...!) It's sad though because they'll only get to stay for the weekend. I told Chris that we should go on a date and leave them to babysit for one night just so they can get the full effect of their grandchildren. Isn't that thoughtful? The only problem with that logic is: my mother-in-law is superwoman, so if we were to do this, I'd come home to a perfect home, and four children that are suddenly disciplined and well behaved, and probably bathed....
I'm also excited because we've arranged for Grandma Clark, Aunt Rolene, and Uncle David to come and watch the kids while we're gone on our trip. It'll be great training for Rolene and David as they're preparing for their first child (coming 'round December 24th)! I've warned the kids that they'll need to be on their best behavior so as not to scare poor Auntie and Uncle!

And by the way, to both Grandmas, everyday the kids ask when 'Grandma' will get here. They're so elated that they're going to see both Grandmas in a week period that it's almost overwhelming for them. Every time the phone rings, Maverick runs to the phone and asks is that Grandma? (or is it Grandpa?) He even understands the concept.

5 comments:

Jenie said...

I'm so excited for you guys and having the grandparents and aunts and uncles coming to watch the kids makes it even better. That's the best way to do it! You guys are going to have so much fun...I wish we were going on a fun trip but I'll just live vicariously through you guys for now!

Jenie said...

I forgot to add that I love what you've done in the family room. I'm going to leave an open can of paint in my family room for next time you come over. (hint, hint)

JLea said...

so where are you guys going??

Risenmay said...

We are taking a houseboat out on Lake Powell with some friends of ours...all of us without our children. I'm excited, not for the swimsuit component but for the company. It'll be a blast....And it's almost too much to think about actually being able to wake up on my own schedule...that'll be a new one!

Risenmay said...

By the way Jorja Lea, I want to come visit your site...is it against blogging law to ask to be invited?....we are family after all....I really want to see how much Woodrow has grown! Does he still look like his daddy?