So, picture it, it's Sunday morning and I'm gearing myself up for church. Chris has informed me that he has a meeting in a different ward so this means solo time for me with the kids during Sacrament meeting. Which, I should be used to at this point, but still requires a few deep breaths. I had the kids Sunday outfits laid out from the night before, as my OCD entails, so they're at-the-ready for the Sunday morning race to the finish, when I look at Ainsley's planned polka-dotted dress and it makes me smile.
I sit in Sacrament meeting and actually make it a whole 45 minutes before Maverick makes a break for the door...he runs left, he runs right, I (while toting Ainsley on my hip adorned in her polka-dotted dress,) run left, and run right. Luckily my legs are longer than his (although not by much) and I beat him to the target and carry him fireman style back to the pew. Well, this happened 3 more times before I finally surrendered and took the brood out to the foyer for the last 5 minutes of Sacrament.
What's the point of this long story? Well, I was in a very frustrated mood in the foyer when out comes the congregation, or as Maverick sees them, his audience. I received so many comments on how cute Ainsley looked in her dress, that my mood changed and my face returned to its normal hue. I even had a friend of mine, mother of 6 boys, tell me that when she saw Ainsley in her polka-dotted dress, she reconsidered having another baby, in hopes of a female offspring. (But then she reconsidered again, seeing that I was chasing my son through the chapel at the time...)
So thank you, to the Polka-dotted dress, for calming a frustrated mother, and saving a young boy's life. (And thank you Aunt Heather for sending this adorable Polka-dotted dress!)
7 comments:
I also considered trying for the female offspring after seeing baby A in her adorable little dress. I then solidified my decision when I got to hold her and pinch her cutest fat rolls. I'm definitely going for the girl. If only my fat rolls were so cute......
I'm telling you....it'd be hard to find a more adorable baby than Ainsley in that polka-dotted dress. That was the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. She actually made my day brighter when I saw her and she isn't even mine. It sounds like she was quite the hit!
I have to agree! When I saw you holing that cute baby, she just brought a smile to my face. I would have told you right then, but you were chasing after a little boy & it was right in the middle of a talk... Next time you're solo at church, sit by us.
Nobody has to guess too hard who that woman with 6 boys was. I said "Thou almost pursuadest me to have another baby." Now don't everybody start asking me when I am having my next one. This old lady is plum tuckered out. Even Ainsley in that brown Polka Dotted Dress isn't enough to convince me -but almost...almost. But I wouldn't get an Ainsley, would I? That little brown polka dot dress would not look the same on boy #7.
Oh Roxanne - that dress is too much! I LOVE it!
Glad the dress could work it's magic, although I think it was the cute little girl in the dress that did the trick!! Hope you are having a fabulous birthday!!
Love you!
Heather
She's edible. That smile. Of course it reminds me of Mila's right now... something about the similar ages, it's like their faces do the same things.
Ok and how about you? You look gorgeous in this picture!
Post a Comment