
I love birthdays. I know that since I'm technically considered an adult that I am supposed to put my birthday on the back burner, not necessitate a lot of hoop-lah and fanfare, but I'm not quite ready for that. Let me explain. I don't need 'things' (insert air quotes here) but I love what my kids come up with and I shouldn't admit this, but I love to hear my husband call me panicked on what I want...and call me again because he lost my birthday list (which only included spatulas and a new whisk) all on the day before. (Even though his Assistant at work has alerted him about his wife's upcoming birthday several times during the week prior.)
I love that my kids had prepared waffles, eggs, toast, and milk and were ready to deliver breakfast in bed promptly at 6:00am and my husband had to convince them that mom could at least sleep in til 7:00 on her birthday (which I did.) I love that Aubrey had secret plans to surprise me and was in cahoots with her father, because on my birthday she called him to remind him of the list she had made for the day's events. I love that Chris bought a cheesecake and the kids put Reeses Peanut Butter Cups on it (special request per Aubrey.) I love that my husband took me furniture shopping for my birthday with his gift being that he wouldn't complain. (I didn't find anything I liked.) And I loved that when I walked in the door from this day date with my husband that the kids were standing in the doorway with a fantastic poster they had made complete with colored handprints and birthday wishes which enclosed about 20 more letters and pieces of artwork, all for me. Yep, I love birthdays, I love the hoop-lah and fanfare...but mostly the handprints.
2 comments:
Ahhhh! What a sweet family. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You deserve it!
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY ROXIE! XOXO
Post a Comment