Saturday, June 26, 2010

No Vain Repetitions Here...

When we say our family prayers throughout the day, we say them in chronological order of age, oldest to youngest. It's a simple plan really, if Aubrey said it at breakfast, Walker says it at lunch, so on and so forth, with the order carrying on to the next day. Saying the prayer is a rather precious commodity for our young'uns, it's a time for them to spout forth great wisdom, not to mention talk without interruption by their siblings. Come to think of it, they're rather similar to the Zoramites, maybe that's why we call our ottoman (where we kneel for family prayers) the "Rameumptom."
Before we even have a chance to announce whose turn it is to say the prayer, Maverick and Ainsley have both jumped in trying convince everyone that it is their turn again (pronounced by Ainsley "ma toon"). There have certainly been squabbles and tiny clouds of controversy as to whether or not Chris and I have really kept an accurate accounting of whose turn it really is, but we try to keep it fair. All we're sure about is that we'll always hear some interesting prayers delivered by our youngers: Maverick and Ainsley. Here are some of the recent prayer entries from this last week alone.


Maverick: "I'm thankful for the marriage between mom and dad...and the Ottoman."
(Totally related right?)
Ainsley: "I'm thankful that it's my turn."
(No sense of proprietorship here, is there?)
Maverick: "I'm thankful for underpayants."
(Extra consonants added for phonetic authenticity. Who isn't thankful for underpants...)
Ainsley: "I'm thankful for Daddy, Aubby, Walka, Maggick, me, and Bode."
(When I asked what about Mommy, she answered "No, just Bode.")
Maverick: "Please bless that we'll go to Disneyland tomorrow."
(Amen to that.)

2 comments:

Kristin Chesnik said...

LOL! There are definitely some original characters there!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

We have each kid assigned to a day of the week, every prayer, all day long. Dennis and I share Sundays. We should have one more kids so that dennis and I never have to pray again. Naw.