Monday, June 21, 2010

Maverick's so glad when daddy comes home...

Father's Day, during the Primary Children's musical number, Maverick decided to let his theatrical side out. On the last line of the song "I'm so Glad When Daddy Comes Home" (he didn't know the rest of the words) which sings: "Pat his cheeks and give him what? A great, big kiss!" Maverick yelled it as loud as he could, bellowing far louder than any other child on the stand, and then threw a giant, over exaggerated kiss toward the congregation. Everyone (including Chris and I) started laughing. Maverick came down from the stand, the laughter had not yet subsided by the time he made it to us, turned to Chris and said "Yeah, I'm funny."
I wondered if I was the only one who noticed Maverick's audition for The Met (the cacophony of laughter was possibly only in my own mind) and then Myra McRae confirmed it when after Sacrament meeting she said "Boy, he sure does love his dad enthusiastically!" and then Kelly Thomas said "I loved it! And the whole ward gave him rave reviews for his performance too." It was totally worth a laugh.

1 comment:

Kristin Chesnik said...

I always love the kid that does that!