Sunday, May 3, 2009

Walker and the County Fair.

This post is obviously going up late but as I was scanning through my past photos I came across this one.  Walker had been telling us all weekend long that he really wanted to go to the County Fair (it's not that far from us).  Being that Chris and I don't enjoy going to fairs, and because we thought that this was just another activity being sensationalized and promoted by every kindergartner at his school,  we didn't think twice about it and so our decision not to go stood firm.  The following Monday morning, Walker brought home his prize winning artwork- he actually won the county fair in Kindergarten art.  His masterpiece had apparently been on display throughout the fair and demonstrated the real reason why he wanted to go.  He casually pulled it from his backpack and then showed his ribbons proudly to me, and yes, I felt horrible.  We totally would've gone had we known this was his big art showing!  Who knew he had such an eye for abstract art?

2 comments:

Jenie said...

This is for Walker:
That was honestly a real work of art!!! I probably wouldn't be able to do a heart with ripped pieces of paper as good as you did!!! You're a real artist!

-Brittany

Kristin Chesnik said...

We have to give our kids a few things to blame their life problems on--LOL!