Sunday, May 3, 2009

Ainsley's 1st Birthday!...a little late.

On January 29th, (she was born at 1:29 pm on 1/29) as per tradition, Ainsley got to choose her favorite food for dinner.  French Toast.  And it's truly a love/hate relationship.  She loves the sweetness and would eat it for every meal if she could, but she hates how sticky she becomes.  During the first few bites its all fun and games but during the last few bites she's complaining about her dirty fingers.  Knowing this disdain for sticky hands,  it's going to be interesting watching her dive into her first birthday cake!  
She started to gently poke the cake.  Then she carefully pulled the little decorations off.   And then, ever so slowly, she finally stuck her hands in.
And then, she complained about her hands being dirty.  Yep, just as we predicted.  The funny thing is, she absolutely doesn't like food on her hands, but, if she's outside and has happened upon an unsuspecting mud puddle, she's in it, hands filthy, and she's loving it.  Go figure.
After the cake clean up came time for our other First Birthday tradition.  We have done this with all 4 of the kids so far and have looked forward to it every time, in fact Chris and I always try to predict what will happen.  In a separate room we lay our 4 items: a bag of money, a book, a toy, and a bottle.  We place the child in the middle of the items and see to which one they head first.  If they go for the bag of money it means: they will be temporally focused or monetarily focused in life.  The Book: they will be academically focused.  The Toy: they will be entertainment focused. The Bottle: they will be gluttonous, just kidding, they will be comfort focused.  All in a positive light by the way.  
On Aubrey's first birthday, she walked in, saw the options, and immediately headed toward the bag of money.  I remember her dropping a few dimes and stopping everyone around until she located the unaccounted monies.  She could've cared less about the other items.
On Walker's first birthday, he saw the options and also immediately headed toward the bag of money. (He's such a spendthrift too, so I'm thinking that this is somewhat foretelling.)
On Maverick's first birthday, he actually went and rounded everything up together.  Apparently he wants to keep us on our toes.
And Ainsley....
went straight for the toy.....
...and then the bag of money, with toy in hand, of course.
It was yet again another wonderful first birthday celebration.  

To Ainsley- 
When you are 18 and finally think its cool enough read this cyber-journal, we just want you to know that you just make us happy.  We know we'll be in for some fun and action-packed years with you and your personality.  
1.You laugh at yourself when you fake-burp (I can't believe I'm even mentioning this, but who ever heard of a 1 year old who fake burps!)  Proof that you already have a great sense of humor.
2.You like to go around the house and steal all of our shoes and ties and wear them, proof of your future fashion sense.
3. and you LOVE to get into and destroy everything, this I think, will be proof of your future curiosity of the world and how things work.  
We love you and think that you have the potential for absolute greatness!  One year down, eternity to go!


3 comments:

Jenie said...

Happy late birthday Ainsley!!! I think that it's funny that she went for the toy AND the money!!! Good choice Ainsley! I liked what Mavi did!!! I would probablydo that too!!!

-Brittany

Jenie said...

That's a good thing that she has a smart, funny, cute, and most of all, girlie attitude!:) She looks so cute! Avery just rubbed all of her cake in her hair. :) Happy late birthday Ainsley!! I love that you went for both...that shows how funny, cute, amd smart you are...I would do the exact same!!!

-Bailey Dean

Kristin Chesnik said...

Roxanne, you are such a cute mommy! I love the fortune telling first birthday--I think that could be marketed! LOL! Happy birthday Ainsley!