On Valentine's Day proper, the kids and I were actually in a San Diego hotel room recovering from a glorious day at Disneyland where it poured rain on us. It was fantastic. (I had taken the kids there in the early afternoon and we met up with Grandma and Grandpa Clark a few hours later.)
After a productive yet relaxing morning getting ready, we drove over to David's parents' home and listened to Clark become official in the records of the church. We also gave him plenty of hugs and squeezes, all of which he deserved on his big day.
The rest of the day turned out to be a fairly uneventful yet enjoyable holiday. After traveling the two hours home we just played around the house together. The kids ate their valentine candy (by the way, this years choice for school Valentine cards were Hannah Montana and Spongebob Squarepants) and I ate my chocolates from Chris. And speaking of Chris, since he was gone, I didn't even cook that night, I just took the kids over to McDonalds for dinner. (Surprisingly there were a lot of people spending their 'romantic' holiday there.) All and all, it was a great day.
I love the holidays where I can just relax with the kids. Their personalities are so different and ever changing so it's nice to have some time to just goof around with them especially when I don't care that they are on a sugar high.
1 comment:
Hey, We were at Disneyland on Friday too. And we got rained on. It was fun, we stayed until midnight. Matt said that he saw Stephanie and Mark there too. What a small world!!
Post a Comment