Today for Walker's homework he was supposed to make a list of "it" words. Words that use the innocent consonants of i and t in a fashion fit for a Kindergartener. Well, unfortunat-IT-ly, Maverick has the stomach flu and while I went off to clean up a mess for no one with a sensitive stomach, I had Walker fill in the blanks to make some words of his own. These are the words he chose. A few minutes later I come back to his paper to see what progress has been made and I stand there absolutely shocked. But while not wanting to encourage this 'conversational' term, I asked him where he had heard it. "I don't know, I just remembered it." I went on to explain that this was a word that we don't use and even gave him a meaning for it after which he responded, "Oh, that's a different word than the one you and dad would try to make me say when I was little that rhymes with truck." Yes, Walker a much different word....I'm sure during next week's parent teacher conference I'll hear about this homework assignment.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Unfortun-IT Homework?
Today for Walker's homework he was supposed to make a list of "it" words. Words that use the innocent consonants of i and t in a fashion fit for a Kindergartener. Well, unfortunat-IT-ly, Maverick has the stomach flu and while I went off to clean up a mess for no one with a sensitive stomach, I had Walker fill in the blanks to make some words of his own. These are the words he chose. A few minutes later I come back to his paper to see what progress has been made and I stand there absolutely shocked. But while not wanting to encourage this 'conversational' term, I asked him where he had heard it. "I don't know, I just remembered it." I went on to explain that this was a word that we don't use and even gave him a meaning for it after which he responded, "Oh, that's a different word than the one you and dad would try to make me say when I was little that rhymes with truck." Yes, Walker a much different word....I'm sure during next week's parent teacher conference I'll hear about this homework assignment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Seriously, Walker is so funny! I miss that kid. Jake and Walker are so much alike, I love it!
Hahaha oops.
Wait a minute, he used to say the truck word too? Oops! That is pretty funny. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!
Oh my gosh Roxanne, that is the funniest thing ever!! Don't you love the innocence of a 6 year old. One day, he will look back at this and laugh. Cute
How funny!
HaHaHaHa! Thanks for the laugh!
Wow! Sounds like he got his mother's mouth (just kidding--don't hit me with those loaded guns:). LOL!
Oh, that is too funny, so he remembered?? Hm-m-m He must have been spending time with his dad.
Great, story! I just want to know were you able to not laugh when you saw it? Kids crack me up!
Oh! That is so funny!
Oh, man, I love that Walker. Mom stories, just don't get much better!
I had to do a double take at the paper and had decided it said spit before I read the story. :)
HILarious.
Post a Comment