Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Anniversary Gift.

Chris surprised me with tickets to my very first concert...and not just any concert! The artist that I have been rather obsessed with over the last 5 years, yep, Jason Mraz, AKA the man that is totally my new BFF (more on that in the next post.)
Just a few weeks before our anniversary, I was sitting in front of my computer and happened to be stalking, AKA looking up the tour of a certain Mr. Jason Mraz. I learned that
in September, Mr.A-Z, as he can be called, would be peforming only 40 minutes away from my driveway and I had to see if I could get tickets!
Wouldn't ya know it, I happened to find a few seats on Ticketmaster, but wasn't sure if Chris would want to attend this concert with me, (being that I constantly listen, quote, sing, and hum this artist's music non-stop, which annoys Chris to no end) so I let them go. Insert audience sound effect: sad "ahh
h" right here. I went back to Ticketmaster the next night (after telling Chris excitedly all about the concert and its proximity) but the website informed me that there were no tickets available. Insert audience sound effect: gasp! right here. But, as if to play with my fragile emotions, it did inform me that there would be more tickets available on the morning of August 4th at 10:00am. Patience, I told myself.
So on that glorious morning of the 4th, we were getting ready to leave for a trip to our Family Reunion in Utah, when at exactly 9:45 I went to the beacon of my concert happiness: my computer, and entered in all of my information to be aptly prepared to click my mouse button at exactly 10:00 am and beat out any competition for the tickets.
tick tock tick tock.....

The clock changed to 10:00 and I quickly clicked my mouse. Now, I don't mean to brag, but with the swiftness of my trigger finger demonstrated at this particular moment, I could've totally won on Jeopardy with their little answer clickers. I had those tickets in the bag....
Until I realized that they were sold-out still, and had made an error on the website. There were no more tickets left. I tried over and over again, my husband begging me to "let it go" but I just couldn't. My new BFF was going to be so close, yet so far away.
So here's where my husband came swooping in to save the day! Unbeknownst to me, he had found 2 tickets on another website and had purchased them for us as my anniverary gift! 5th row! So here I am, with my very first set of concert tickets, which came in the
mail and were apparently so exciting that I had to take pictures with them... more on the concert in the next post...

1 comment:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Chris is a hero! How exciting! What a great post. I laughed, I cried...