Monday, July 21, 2008

The Weekend





Our Weekend in Picture Order:
1. All last week was devoted to the art of avoiding the spread of pink-eye, which I'm still angry about. I know I shouldn't let it bother me but how did we get this sick little disease? There's no way of knowing how we got it, nor when, but it still just makes me sore thinking about contracting this. It just takes extra effort that I don't believe I have even though it's the summer. I have been washing so much laundry (bedding and pillowcases galore) and washing mine and my children's hands so often that they're raw, in the hopes that it wouldn't spread. Maverick got it first, then his other eye, then Walker and now that I think of it, my eye is feeling kinda sore....who knows. I'll just be happy when it's over.
2. Aubrey and I had our mommy-daughter date on Saturday, she just kept saying that all she wanted to do was to go shopping (she gets that gene from her Grandma and possibly from her Aunt Randa, although I'm not quite sure how that genetic miracle could happen). But then she added that maybe we should go get our nails done and then have lunch at the mall as well. She even emailed me the day prior to tell me that we should get dressed up, she would wear her pretty shirt with the sparkles that reads: Dressing Room Diva, and that I should wear shorts. I ended up painting her nails the night before (saving $25 bucks) and then we went to the mall where we bought some shoes, and random other things and had lunch at Marie Callenders. (Aubrey just wanted anything with Oreo on top.) We then travelled over to Old Navy, TJMaxx and Target.... it was pretty busy. She kept chanting, "C'mon mom, shop til you drop!" And by the time I hit my stride (I'm not a shopper) she was conked out in the back seat. She apparently meant it quite literally.
3. Aubrey, Walker, and Maverick decided to have a pajama party today for lunch. They dressed up in their favorite PJs and ordered their lunch: fruit salad, drinks, and sandwiches. Then they played games in the boy's room and listened to music. Walker came down and said, "Mom, you're invited to the Pajama Party. But you need to bring money to the party." I guess I'm not on the VIP list. I started to laugh and then Walker explained that it was all Aubrey's idea. When I walked up the stairs to the "Rave" Aubrey and Walker mentioned that I needed to pay them $25 to enter the party. I'm impressed by their entrepreneurial spirit, but offended as their mother!
4. Maverick was even hosting one of the games at the party.

4 comments:

Audry said...

Fun! Jaden was a friends house today and Madisen asked me if we could go shopping. When did our girls get old enough to actually want to do that? Aubrey looks so grown up with her glasses. Did you get a hair cut?

Lindsay said...

Fun week! I need to go shopping with Aubrie, she's got some good ideas!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Pink eye is a nightmare - not painful for the kid, but for mom who tries to eradicate it and quarintine their family at the same time.
Aubry sounds like a girl after my own heart - I want to eat anything with an oreo on top too!
And the party - hey, at least you got invited. Smart kids, they know how to pick their friends - the ones with the cash.

HAdams said...

What a fun weekend (minus the pink eye)! We do pajama parties for lunch from time to time but it's only because I haven't gotten them dressed yet!! You are a cool mom. :) Can't wait to see you next week for Gilbert mania. Yahoo!