Monday, July 21, 2008

Memories

1.  As a comment on our blog, leave one memory that you and I (or Chris, Aubrey, Walker, Maverick, or Ainsley) had together.  It doesn't matter if you knew us a little or a lot, anything you remember.
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses.  If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.  If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.  

9 comments:

Rolene and David said...

I remember when you wrote the song "Masquerading Angels" on a trip to Othello. #1 on the billboards, let me tell ya!

I also remember when Ainsley blew out her entire outfit, laughing at me the entire time.

I remember when Aubrey was little and she had a Finding Nemo fish that we went in the apartment pool with. She was just like a little fish.

I remember when Walker played with me at Grandma's, making the biggest bubbles ever with the bubble sword.

I remember when Maverick danced at danced at the Wiggles movie with Uncle David and I.

I remember playing Playstation in Provo with Chris, I believe it was called Motocross, it was awesome, but Chris beat me everytime.

The Risenmay Family said...

I just put this post on my blog, we must be family. One of the memories I have of you is our many, many nights playing DUKE with siblings and you decorating the DUKE hats. We all thought they were the funniest things, maybe we were all just so tired and silly. We need to find the hats and bring them to the reunion next month and make more memories.

One of the memories I have of Chris is when you guys had been married about a month and the 4 of us decided to drive to Othello to surprise Elaine. We were driving late at night and the guys stuck us in the back seat. We had to stop for a potty break so bad but Chris would not pull over because he wanted to get there. I knew then and there that Chris liked to do things his way.

HAdams said...

Ahhh...memories...

I remember standing in the kitchen of my tiny provo apartment with Roxanne preparing no bake cookies for us and our men (Chris and Erik). We made them so often that we figured out that they set up perfectly if you started counting to a mintue and 30 seconds after they came to a rolling boil.

I remember waiting for Chris to come home (he had a later curfew then I) when we were in high school so we could stay up late and eat peanut butter and chocolate chips and talk about what we did that night.

Why do all good memories stem from chocolate and peanut butter?

Love you guys!!

Audry said...

So many where do I start?

I rememer how Aubrey would eat spoonfuls of katsup when she was a baby.

I remember when Walker was trying to say something about a tree only he said "mom look at the free".

I remember when Maverick first started walking and he wouldn't keep his socks on. So he only had 1 on half the time.

I remember how Chris helped us move from our apartment to our first home. You guys had just moved into the ward.

I remember how you had a brunch at your house a month after you had Maverick. I remember thinking, that I didn't know how I could be friends with such a "Super Mom". You bounced back so well I was so impressed. Luckily I didn't let it affect our friendship. :)

I have some many more but I'm sure that you are done with my babbling.

Lindsay said...

Alright, my favorite memory of my cousin Roxanne is the summer she came to Othello and taught us all the Kenny Rogers hit "the Gambler". I think of her every time I hear that song, which is more often than you'd think! She was probably all of nine or maybe not even that. She started down the tumultuous path of sin really young....

Jenie said...

What a fun thing to do. I definitely want to try this.

I thought of one of the first things we ever did with you guys. You called and invited us to join you for Family Home Evening at the La Quinta High School track. We played with the kids and got them a little more prepared for the track & field day for school. It was so fun of you guys to include us and you made refreshments for us, which we ate in the parking lot, and had so much fun. That was a fun night and we realized that we needed to hang out with you a lot more...

I also thought about all of the sweet things you've done for us and especially for the ways that you've been trying to "break the cycle" or "stop the madness" (I can't remember what your term was)for us. You've done so much more than you'll ever know.

I also love that I have a walking and running (one time still counts:)) buddy. You've helped me so much in the wee-hours of the morning and if nothing else, helped me to start out my day with a smile. You'll never know how much these walks have helped my sanity. Thanks for always being my go-to, not just for my kids! :)

Carissa said...

Here's a memory for you. I remember we had a little road trip planned to Ricks so I could see some guy I liked and Chris invited himself to come along. You were just barely dating and not sure you wanted him to join us, but it all turned out great in the end. I can't believe you have 4 kids. I found you guys on Google.

Mark and Stefani McCune said...

Fun! I remember when we first met. We had just moved into the La Quinta Ward & you introduced yourself to us right away. :)

I also remember having dinner at your house when Mark was in the YM presidency with Chris. That's when we found out that Walker & Haven were born on the same day - just 10 hours apart.

I remember having the wonderful help of Chris when we moved into the house in La Quinta. He said how much you would have loved our old condo in Palm Desert because of it's mid-century modern design. I'm sure he helped us move a few more times since then ;) Thank you Chris!!!!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I remember when you announced that you were pregnant with Mav and you told me how many weeks you were, and I guessed your due date immediately. You asked how i did that so fast, and I said it was because I was so good with numbers (sure). I looked brilliant, but really, I guessed your due date, because I was pregnant too and was as many weeks along as you were, only I kept it a secret a bit longer. We had the same due date, and it was fun being pregnant with you. Only, you, and Mav, beat us to the punch. When I heard you had your baby, I was shamefully jealous. Gratefully, Luke came two days later, so I didn't have to hate you too long.
And when you had Ainsley, you wouldn't let anyone bring you dinner, so I called to "inform" you that Shari and I were bringing you dinner. And when we showed up with dinner, you had pies waiting for us, and you were baking cookies or something domestic like that - one would never have guessed that you'd just had a baby! And those pies were a lot better than whatever it was i brought you guys for dessert. I like doing that kind of service.

I enjoyed carpooling to tiny tots and listening to those little guys talking in the back seat. Their conversations were so funny - important things like pokemon and caterpillars. All Caleb could talk about was his friend "MICK WALKER"like they were one person. But I loved it because I got to see you and Shari at least for a few minutes everyday - usually more as I stood out on the hot pavement talking to you, trying to ignore that my feet were burning, because it was too much fun talking to you - then the boys would all run up and play in the waterfall or run in the house, and we'd call for them, halfheartedly, to get back in the car, but didn't really mean it because we were still chatting.
You guys did most of the driving, though, and I really appreciate it. You two always make it so hard to serve you.
I remember when my dad was president of the singles branch he was always SO impressed with Chris - he'd always say, "That Risenmay, he should be bishop!" I would just think of you when he said that, and though there is no doubt he will get there, and you will be a great bishop's wife, I just hope for your sake that it will wait a while until your kids are a bit older (or maybe the Lord is waiting until you're pregnant with kid #10). Though you could handle anything - still its something to have nightmares about. Let me just end on that happy note.

I love you friend!