After Friday's accident and the several phone calls that followed to insurance companies and agents, Chris and I still headed over to the temple (and made it on time) for Stake Temple night. What a fabulous time! I just love going to the temple and seeing a host of people that I know and adore in such a marvelous place. Whenever this happens I always think to myself "yep, this is what it'll be like." It is safe to say that this will be the last temple trip for me before this boy is born considering I could hardly sit still through a session and felt some contractions, so I'm really glad we were able to go.
Sunday however turned a little crazy as I started having more contractions and wasn't sure if labor was starting. After being reprimanded by the nurses that a pregnant woman should be checked after an auto accident (I didn't even think about being checked after a fender bender) I was determined healthy with no more labor pains. Phewsh.
Then Monday, which was supposed to be our 'stay day' to relax with the kids turned into a day of errants. We had to take our damaged van to the collision repair shop, get a rental car, and then I got my toe hacked on by a podiatrist. I had an appointment due to an ingrown toenail and walked out with a bandaged foot and with accompanying shoe brace. The bandage was so funny, it looked as if a cartoon character had doctored my foot.
Let's just say the procedure was so NOT appealing to me that I had to put a magazine over my face while it was taking place. Just looking at the tools the podiatrist pulled out, and feeling the surprisingly painful shots involved, I couldn't look at what he was about to do next. I do know however why characters on the tv show "24" use toenail plyers as a torture device. Highly effective.
So after this weekend, I'm taking another 'stay day.' My house is a mess, the chores are not done, I've been sitting around (hence the new posts), soaking my foot due to doctor instructions, and I'm now bored of watching a surprisingly interesting yet disturbing show called "Little Miss Perfect" about little girl pageant contestants and their over zealous mothers. So there you have it, an eventful weekend for us. Wasn't it supposed to be a 3-day holiday weekend? Hmmm, I'll have to catch the next one. Final note: I just know that because I've had a stay day and the house is a mess, this will be the day for many a visitor to come over. Just giving you a heads up if you choose to come over. :)
4 comments:
so much for a vacation weekend,huh?
WHAT?????? Hello do you need anything?? Are you ok? I am so sorry to hear all of that. Wait, you got to meet REAL firefighters and REAL policemen??? Were they cute??? Ok Ok back to you hahahahaha..... just kidding I hope all is well if you NEED ANYTHING please let me know....
Yeah, no vacation. You hang in there little missy. You have THE BEST attitude. I love you!
Holy cow, I'm glad everyone is okay! Sorry about your toe that doesn't sound fun. How come people only come over when your place is messy? When my place is clean no one bothers to stop by. :)
Post a Comment