Sunday, December 13, 2009

A message to my Christmas card Recipients...

A special message to my Christmas Card Recipients...

Last year I decided to avoid the whole "writing my year's history" in my Christmas card and lazily printed our blog address on the bottom of the card. I know, I'm so personal, but guess what, it was wonderful! It was an awakening akin to the first time someone tastes the combination of peanut butter and chocolate together - simply magical. I just figured that if people really wanted to take the time to read about our little family, they could do it on their own time without the pressure of a folded piece of journal-filled paper staring at them as it dangles unread from their Christmas card collection awaiting their precious time to read it.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the quips and letters from the friends and family who send such journals, but this year again, I'll admit I don't have the time to produce one myself, let alone fold and stuff it into envelopes. (I do however have the time to read yours.) I envy those who take the time to do so, but this year my December felt too busy, and let's be honest, I felt too tired to do it.

So this year I resorted to last year's method. No Christmas letter filled with jokes and funny one-liners produced from my kids. No interesting poems containing the characters from Christmas stories where the names have been changed to my own kid's names. No bullet points containing the goings-on about my household. All of which I've done, have stressed over, and have spent hours in the night producing. Nope, if you really want to know about our family you can span the pages of this blog and catch up and stalk to your heart's desire. Now, if I could just find the time to update this blog this would be a perfect solution. However, we don't live in a perfect world, so let's just agree to disagree and remain at an impass for now...

So I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Signed,
Mother of 4 and 2/3s.

By the way, they are freshly mailed, so if you read this before yours arrive, be not surprised...
And enjoy the simple one page photo card.

4 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

I'm with you. Love reading them... don't have the time nor the inclination to write them. Picture card for us this year too. :)

Kristin Chesnik said...

I am also backing out of the whole Christmas card thing, though I love them. Just too much work for now!

Risenmay said...

Wow, I apologize for sounding so bitter, it was meant as an explanation not as a venting of griefs!:)

Jana said...

YOu're better than me, I'm not even sending out cards this year. I may get around to an "impersonal" email, but that's if I make it that far. I received your cute card and loved it. Love ya