Retro-Compliment?
The other night I had recorded the movie "Night at the Museum" to watch with the kids. As we were watching, there was a scene where a museum display of Sacagawea came to life. Walker apparently didn't like this particular scene as he said with a sneer of his lip, "Whoa, she is NOT cute." I started to chuckle knowing that this was my 5 year old son's honest evaluation of a cootie-carrying girl, gasp! when Aubrey interjected with a serious explanatary tone: "Walker, maybe a few hundred years ago, people considered her to be really cute. But now that it's a been a while, our tastes have changed. In a few hundred years, people will look back at our pictures and nobody will think Mommy's cute anymore because their tastes will change. Mom will be considered Retro then."
I started to laugh again at her explanation and then realized "Hey, leave me out of this!"
12 comments:
That's funny!!! Have you seen Night at the Mueseum 2?
Bailey
That is very funny. Aren't you glad that you have a blog to place things like that.
Where the heck did she learn the word retro? I am not sure if I even know the true meaning, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, this is coming from the girl that when she plays I spy, she says that she spies something modern. She is so funny! PS Tell Aubrey that story was awesome! Was it a contest? If it was, I'm sure she must have won!
Roxy your kids kill me with the things they say. I love it...
Not true! You, my dear, are a timeless cute! Even a thousand years from now, you will be one cute chick!
That's HILARIOUS! I think you are a timeless cutie-pie!
That's hilarious. I love your kids.:)
Dear Retro Roxanne: You still have it girl! You'll always have it! Your kids are dang cute.
I agree with Rachelle, you are deffinately a timeless cutie! Soare your darling kids.
That is SOOO funny!! I love Aubrey's explanation!
Your kids are so cute, I'm putting you on my blog list bc I didn't realize until lately that you weren't already there. Your kids have grown up so much.
That is SO funny!!!!
Danielle
Post a Comment