Sunday, April 5, 2009

To my friends: The Hospital Survival Kit

Above: Ainsley one week ago...
Below: Ainsley a few days after the accident (I didn't take any pictures at its worst.) She's still swollen and her ear looks similar to her father's cauliflower ear, but she's doing great!
So for those of you who haven't heard yet, due to a horrible crib accident Ainsley has been in the hospital for the last few days. She is now back home and is charming us once again in every single way and we are grateful for her return but more importantly, her health. Her poor little head and face will take a few more weeks of healing, but her spirits are high and she's destroying the house again, just like old times.

While we were in the hospital, a good friend of mine sent us a "Hospital Survival Kit" which was filled with little gifts that helped the time go by and entertain little Ainsley, her siblings at home as well as for Chris and I. So as I sat there exhausted in the hospital room, watching my little baby take a much needed nap after a hard day and a half, and trying to drown out the seemingly booming sound of Ainsley's IV monitor, I thought about this kit that was custom designed for our sad situation.

I thought about the many friends and family that stopped by, dropped off or sent gifts, cooked for us, called us, brought Taco Bell to us, comforted us, watched our other little ones, and offered their shoulders to cry on. I am amazed at all who helped but mostly grateful for the time and effort that people took to help all of us.

So I am thankful that all of you were a part of my custom Hospital Survival Kit. I'll be honest, I hope to never have to do this again, but know that if anything else were to happen like this, good friends are always close.

11 comments:

HAdams said...

Oh,my gosh, Roxanne I hadn't even heard! I am so sorry! I will call you tomorrow to talk. Take care and give that sweet baby a kiss from her Aunt Heather.

The Risenmay Family said...

I just talked to you the other day. What happened to little beans? I will give you a call so I can find out more. Give that little angel a hug from us.

Audry said...

Yeah what happened??? We need the deets.

Kimberly said...

poor thing! it is so sad when little one's get hurt! we've had our fair share of hospitals lately too - and it amazes me how willing everyone is to help!

koko bean..... said...

I am so glad to see that she is home and she looks really good...I wish her a fast recovery.. We love little Anisley.. Now hopefully you can catch up on some sleep. We love you Roxanne.

TnD said...

I am so glad that your family is all back together and that you don't have to sleep on a hospital chair anymore. Despite being swollen and bruised she looks happy and at peace, like always.

Keechler said...

I just heard about Ainsley last night from Rachelle, I'm glad she's doing better.

Lori said...

Oh Roxanne, I was so sad to hear about your little Ainsley, glad she is improving. Denice just told me today. Just know that The La Quinta Ward is also right there with a survival kit if you ever need it - WE LOVE YOU AND YOUR FAM!!!

Steve & Shauna said...

Dear Roxanned and Chris and All,
We are glad that Ainsley is surviving so well. Take good care of her and of yourself. Accidents happen, and parents can't control everything--just one of life's lessons. We hope she recovers quickly. Love, the Allens

JLea said...

thinkng of you... Our prayers are with you. Love you, Jorja

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Love you girl! I was glad to see Ainsley looking and feeling so fantastic.

Remember, in a few months this will all be just a bad dream, nothing more. God is good, and it is our friends who prove that to us, isn't it?