So, as most of you know, here in the desert it gets 'kinda' hot. By 'kinda', I mean 'blazing', and by 'blazing' I mean 113 degrees. We try to forget about this summer punishment by getting out of the air-conditioned house into an air-conditioned car, and then into an air-conditioned business or shop. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays, our movie theater offers two free family movies, one G rated and the other PG rated. Today we went to go see Shrek the Third in the nice air-conditioned packed theater, it's quite the popular hangout. And because I apparently have somewhat of a guilt complex and I appreciate the whole "free movie" thing, I like to spend a little money at the concession stand so that they'll continue the gesture. The kids and I had a blast, even Ainsley who actually sat on my lap and watched a lot of the movie.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Movie Madness
So, as most of you know, here in the desert it gets 'kinda' hot. By 'kinda', I mean 'blazing', and by 'blazing' I mean 113 degrees. We try to forget about this summer punishment by getting out of the air-conditioned house into an air-conditioned car, and then into an air-conditioned business or shop. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays, our movie theater offers two free family movies, one G rated and the other PG rated. Today we went to go see Shrek the Third in the nice air-conditioned packed theater, it's quite the popular hangout. And because I apparently have somewhat of a guilt complex and I appreciate the whole "free movie" thing, I like to spend a little money at the concession stand so that they'll continue the gesture. The kids and I had a blast, even Ainsley who actually sat on my lap and watched a lot of the movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I miss movie day! It was so nice to get out and see a free movie. Now I find myself taking my kids to matinee movie(still $7.00! what happened to movie prices?)to be the heat. Which is still cooler than what you guys have to endure.
Hey you should have called me and let me know you were going. We would have joined you. Did you have a good vacation? It's hard to be away from our little bugs huh? I know whenever Mitch and I have left them we are so excited then within 20 mins on the road all we do is talk about them and miss them as if we were gone for weeks already. Funny I know.
Post a Comment