OK, so once again, I'm on the front lines of battle between my family and the concept of eating a healthy home cooked meal. Chris looks forward to them every evening (at least that's what he tells me so I'll continue to do so...) but my kids seem to always desire something that has to be unwrapped, reheated, or dunked in a vat of ketchup or Ranch dressing. So one Sunday evening, I had finished making dinner for my family, (to perform my salute to Donna Reed,) and lo and behold, my children complained about the food. That doesn't exactly bode too well with me so I did what any other mother would do...I had a piggy contest. Instead of spending another 10 minutes listening to my husband defend my efforts, explaining that it had taken me a lot of time to prepare such a lovely dinner and to make rolls, la-la-la, to my children, I stuck my head in my dinner and began to bask in the glory of gravy. It didn't take too much longer for the children to follow my lead.
Would you believe, they ate all of their food, healthy and all, in record time! ...And this little piggy got them all to eat.
(My children will need a shrink when their older!)
4 comments:
Now I'm definitely going to have to try that tactic. "Here comes Momma Whitlock piggy!!!!" You crack me up.
What a fantastic idea. Seriously. I am going to try that! Cute blog and I love the "pre-fab" template.
How funny that is! Reminds me of the "Christmas Story"
Love your blog!
♥S
That sounds like a good idea with our houseful of picky eaters!
Post a Comment