Sunday, July 14, 2013

4th of July

I know. I know. I'm not good at this. Last post was in November. But, whatever. I'm skipping to 4th of July!
I hope everyone had an awesome and festive 4th of July. We headed up to Utah days before and stayed with family. The Risenmay reunion started on the 6th so we decided to head up a little earlier and enjoy some cooler weather up there.
On 4th of July we went swimming at the McCustians for hours, played on swing sets, watched some movies, ate Hi Chews (they are reeeeeaaalllly good), played tag, squirted each other with water guns, and flung ourselves onto bean bags. We had barbecue and watermelon (one of the best food combinations there is in my opinion), salad, and onion dip and chips. We chilled for awhile and hung out with family.
After that, we started to have fun with some fireworks in a parking lot. In Utah, the big aerial fireworks are allowed so of course we had to buy some. Unfortunately, I didn't get the greatest pictures of the big ones since we did those pretty early. But, I did manage to snap these:
We had a big variety of fireworks. We had the big ones, the color ones, the tank ones, the ones that spin, sparklers, those ones that you throw and then they pop, and lots more. We ended up saving fireworks for the next night.As all of the fireworks were going off, Brooks was chilling with Lisa on the sidewalk. Brooks surprisingly loved the fireworks. 
Later that night we headed over to another house that lived across from a big elementary school that does an outstanding firework show. The streets were lined with cars and people were everywhere. We had  candied popcorn and root beer floats along with glow sticks as we watched the firework show. It was pretty cool. After that we decided that we should probably head home and go to bed. It was a pretty fun 4th of July if you ask me.


No comments: