Saturday, September 22, 2012

Back to School!

 I may be posting this a little late, but school has started again! In the Risenmay household, this is both good and bad. For instance, Walker gets to see his friend who goes up to Montana for the summer when school starts but, he has to do a lot of reading and has to give up his addiction to video games (for those who are interested, he has...kind of...quit). For Maverick, he gets to talk to his friends and play on the playground but, he has longer days at school that are full of math and grammar. Ainsley, well, there really is no downside to her story. She goes to pre-school for three hours and grows plants, reads animal books, paints, draws, builds with blocks, learns to write her name better, talks to her little crush :) (we'll get to that later...), and make things like this:

 Yep. I won't forget who drew that one. For Mom I have two words when school starts: "Sorry" and "Bode". He is just a big ball of energy and naughty. He has trashed the bathrooms, broke some of our Ikea vases, filled the bathtub with water and decided to throw all of the clean towels in with soap for a little scrub, and even  scribbled on the walls with PERMANENT marker. Luckily we have some paint left over from the house makeover. But, as naughty as he is, he is the cutest thing ever! He'll sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in the sweetest voice, help wash the windows, play with the dog, and attempt to do his hair.
Hopefully you get my point. Anyways, we have already been in school for about a month! Woo hoo! I can't believe that I have survived all the homework thus far! There has been a lot of homework, well, I can't say a lot. More than I used to is better wording for this situation.But, school has officially started (those first few weeks of school don't really count because you don't learn anything).
 Apparently autumn has officially started too. Though, down here, it doesn't really feel like that. It was 106 degrees today. Ugh... It'll start to cool down soon, maybe. We've tried to stay inside and keep ourselves busy:

 Mom went furniture shopping for the house, again. We played "Hit the Target" with my stretchy headbands. You can tell how that ended up, on the chandelier. And we even did science smell experiments. Some of the "fragrances" didn't turn out as expected. But, at least we are not just watching TV.
 I'm not saying we don't go outside. Believe me, we have had our share of outside. Maverick and Ainsley had their soccer games today (Luckily Walker and I start our games later) and apparently Ainsley and Maverick are pretty good.


No comments: