Sunday, October 9, 2011

Time Traveler: Valentine's Day

Woo Hoo! We've made it to February 2011! Can you believe that we started to catch up in August 2010! We're almost there! We're so close. Just a little bit more. Let's see if I can do this all in one night or should I say three hours? Is that possible? Eight months in three hours? I sure hope it's possible because I don't know if I'll be able to find another time slot to keep working. Time just work slower!!! It always seems that if you're trying to get something important done time goes by quicker and when you're bored it goes really slow. How sad.
Well, let's not blab on and on and on about how I need to catch up when we can be blabbing on and on and on about the actual event. Valentine's Day!!! It's not the biggest holiday in the whole world but, certainly it is a holiday. Especially one that you celebrate a lot in school. We usually hang up small wreaths on our door and that's it. We also make Valentine's cards with candies for our classrooms. That's usually it. And that's exactly what happened this year for Valentine's day.
We went to Super Target to get the kits for the Valentine's Day Cards for the classrooms. I chose animals, Walker chose sports, Maverick chose a T.V. character and Ainsley chose Hello Kitty. Bode chose a sucker. We got bags of candies for our classrooms and got groceries and then went home.
We did our Valentine's cards and then put them in bags with the candy for the next day. We headed to school the morrow. We did small activities in our classrooms like coloring pictures and watching a video of how other people in other states celebrate Valentine's Day. We learned how it got started and read a book in the library called The Night Before Valentine's Day. All in all it was a good sweet day filled with hugs and kisses.

No comments: