
September 5th, 2009, our oldest daughter gets baptized in Palm Desert California. It's a shame that I'm only now posting this news as it is one of the proudest moments in a parents' life. But I've now had the opportunity to sit down and shuffle through photos of Aubrey over the past 8 years and it's been fun to look back.Aubrey is an amazing girl who shows potential to become anything that she wants to be. She is opinionated and very analytical so when she made the decision to be baptized we were of course, elated. As parents, Chris and I really wanted our kids to make their own choice to be baptized. So for months prior to her birthday we had Family Home Evenings on the issue talking about the importance and the relevance of this ordinance. As her birthday grew closer and the actual opportunity neared, Aubrey showed excitement for this occasion.
Grandma and Grandpa Risenmay, Grandma and Grandpa Clark, Aunt Randa, Uncle Mark, Landrie, Brynlie, Callie, Aunt Rolene, Uncle David, and cousin Clark all traveled down for the event. So were thankful for their attendance. Both Grandpas spoke, Aubrey asked if I would speak on Baptism, and the Grandmas opened and closed the meeting with a prayer. It was an amazing experience to watch our little daughter, who I swear I drove home with from the hospital a few days prior, enter the waters of baptism and enter into her membership in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. My how the time flies.
1 comment:
What a great idea to have some "professional" photos of her in her baptism dress. My second will be baptized in September of this year so I will have to remember to do that. Congratulations!
Post a Comment